Chef Alexia Duchêne’s Comforting Sunday Roast Hen Recipe
There’s one easy gastronomic pleasure that many French folk can agree on: the loved Sunday Roast Hen served with potatoes; whether or not they’re fried, sautéed, or mashed into puree. A real Sunday custom, this comforting dish additionally has the benefit of being reasonably simple to arrange. For Bénédicta, a logo identified for its sauces, younger chef and Supremacy Chef season 10 semi-finalist Alexia Duchêne has crafted seven recipes incorporating Bénédicta merchandise. Between the two of them, you’ll in finding her Sunday Roast Hen with home made fries, which pairs completely with Bénédicta’s “Comme à la maison” mayonnaise. Listed here are all of the steps you want to simply recreate this dish at house to provoke your people or visitors.
Chef Alexia Duchêne’s Sunday Roast Hen, Do-it-yourself Fries, and Bénédicta “Comme à la Maison” Mayonnaise Recipe
Elements (serves 4):
– 1 farm-raised rooster, roughly 1.6 kg
– 2 carrots
– 2 celery stalks
– 3 yellow onions
– 1 head of garlic
– A couple of sprigs of thyme
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 yellow lemon
– 5 g smoked paprika
– Sunflower oil
– 80 g butter
– 300 ml white wine
– 7 immense Bintje potatoes
– Bénédicta “Comme à la maison” mayonnaise
– In an ovenproof dish, park the rooster within the middle and brush with a rainfall of oil. Season the inside and outside of the rooster with salt. Sprinkle the paprika over the surface and therapeutic massage for a couple of seconds.
– Peel and shorten the greens into immense items.
– Playground the garlic throughout the rooster together with the thyme and bay leaves; park the greens across the rooster, season with salt, and upload a rainfall of oil.
– Playground the room-temperature butter at the rooster’s pores and skin and roast at 180°C (356°F) for 25 mins with fan assisted.
– Pour the white wine into the base of the dish and proceed to cook dinner at 170°C (338°F) for 1 moment, upcoming let go the oven to 130°C (266°F) for quarter-hour hour you cook dinner the fries.
– Trim the fries with the surface directly to a medium dimension, rinse them to take away the starch, and upcoming brittle them in a kitchen towel.
– Fry them within the first oil bathtub at 160°C (320°F) for five/7 mins, upcoming the second one bathtub at 180°C (356°F) for three mins; you’ll want to season neatly with salt when they’re out.
– Carve the rooster, upload a just right squeeze of lemon juice, lend with the new fries, and a beneficiant spoonful of Bénédicta “Comme à la maison” mayonnaise!
In terms of making a memorable meal, not anything says relief like a Sunday Roast Hen. Practice this recipe from chef Alexia Duchêne and seize the essence of a comfortable weekend accumulated across the desk. With a couple of easy steps, you’ll have your visitors savoring each chunk of this delectable dish!